|Committee - Fundraising - Annual Dinner
The Annual Dinner is the premier fundraising event of the year, and features two honorees for Women of the Year.
Visit the FWA 2012 Annual Dinner Website to view dinner details, sponsor ads and dinner highlights.
Mark Your Calendar...
The FWA 2013 Annual Dinner and Women of the Year Awards - April 29, 2013
Click for information about sponsorship, underwriting and table reservations for our premiere fundraising event of the year.
The primary focus of the Annual Dinner Committee is to maximize corporate sponsorship through table sales. We are seeking committee members who are comfortable with telephone sales and are willing to use their personal/professional networks to reach the appropriate decision makers within a targeted corporation.
Committee member will be assigned a portfolio of accounts. These accounts will be either companies in which you have a relationship, or are interested in developing a relationship.
Time commitment is approximately 10-12 hours in total from September through April, which includes:
- 6 monthly committee meetings
- phone / email outreach to sell tables
Six Committee meetings : to report on the status of table sales
Message from the Co-chairs
Serving on an FWA committee is an exclusive FWA membership privilege, and joining the Annual Dinner committee is a terrific opportunity for you to gain even more value from your FWA membership.
We are looking for dynamic members who are committed to the success of the Annual Dinner.
2011 Annual Dinner Milestones
At the 2011 Annual Dinner, we celebrated several significant milestones of the FWA Educational Fund:
- 35th anniversary for the Wall Street Exchange program
- 25th anniversary for the Murry Bergtraum High School Mentoring program
- 10th anniversary for the Financial Backpack program
- 5th anniversary for the FWA/BMO Endowed Scholarship Fund at Baruch College, CUNY.
The 2011 Annual Dinner raised $225,000 net and hosted over 600 people. This was comprised of 35 corporate tables and 150 individual tickets.
Honoree Supports the FWA
- Our Mentorship Program speakers were Sequenza Williams (Murry Bergtraum High School) and Nancy Mui (Baruch Colelge, CUNY), who each spoke eloquently about the value of the Mentorship Program.
- We recognized BMO Capital Markets $1.2 million contribution to the FWA of NY Educational Fund over the past 6 years. Pat Cronin, Head of Trading Products, BMO Capital Markets, announced that BMO will include the FWA in their 2012 Equity Through Education program.
- The dais of 28 executive leaders included women and men from our President Circle firms as well as community partners.
FWA 2011 Private Sector Woman of the Year Irene Dorner recognized the FWA during Baruch College Commencement - June 5, 2011.
FWA Educational Fund
The FWA of New York Educational Fund enables the FWA to provide academic scholarships, mentoring and summer internships for deserving young women interested in undergraduate and graduate degrees in business and finance, as well as education and professional development programs for the business community. The FWA Educational Fund is a 501(c)3 organization.
For further information on Corporate Sponsorship or underwriting opportunities, please contact the FWA Interim Executive Director, Karen Karpowich at 212-533-2141.