November 12, 2014
FIDELITY’S PERSONAL INVESTING HEAD KATHLEEN MURPHY TO ADDRESS FINANCIAL WOMEN’S ASSOCIATION
FWA’s First National Broadcast Event to Address Advancing Women, Confidence Gap & Customer Engagement
Kathleen Murphy, President, Personal Investing at Fidelity Investments, and one of the most powerful women in American business and in the financial services industry, will talk to women in the financial industry about staying engaged with customers in today’s evolving digital world, bridging the financial confidence gap, and charting one’s career and financial course at an event hosted by the Financial Women’s Association (FWA).
Murphy will be interviewed by CNBC’s Sharon Epperson and take live questions from the audience both in person and via live broadcast. Those not able to attend live may participate in the webinar.
When: Tuesday, November 18th
Time: 5:30pm Registration/check-in
6:00 – 7pm Program: Kathy Murphy Conversation & Q&A
7-8pm: Networking & reception
Where: Offices of Sidley Austin
787 Seventh Avenue (7th at 52st)
New York, NY
Webinar: To participate online, email email@example.com with your name, affiliation and contact.
• Women continue to live longer lives – now up to 88 years (Society of Actuaries) — and 80% will be solely in control of their finances at some point due to death, divorce or illness.
• 70 percent of wealthy investors have reallocated investments or altered relationships with investment providers based on content found through social media (Cogent)
• Over 90 percent of FWA members – women who work in the financial industry – cite networking and advocacy for women in business as reasons for participating in the nearly 60-year-old association (2014 FWA survey)
• Ninety-two percent of women in the industry say “keeping my pulse on financial/business activities” are reasons for belonging to the association.
About: Murphy will discuss the following in addition to taking live questions:
• The “Game of Life” – How to think about your finances at any stage of life
• Women Investing: Why it’s so important today for women to engage in their finances
• Revere the Customer: Why Kathy listens to 20 hours of customer calls per month on her iPod
• Leadership Principles: Striving to be a great leader, not just a strong manager
• The power of “Bad Sandwiches”: Important career lessons that Kathy learned growing up in a large Irish family in central Connecticut
• Advice for women who want to advance – Plus, your questions answered and more
About Kathleen Murphy:
Named among the 50 Most Powerful Women in Business by Fortune and the 25 Most Powerful Women in Finance by US Banker, Kathleen Murphy, President, Fidelity Personal Investing, will share insights on her journey from a lawyer to a business leader; discuss the leadership principles that have shaped her career; explain why she’s such a tireless advocate for individual investors and helping them achieve their life goals; discuss her passion for helping women engage more actively in their finances; and share stories on how she stays deeply connected to her customers while also running a large financial services organization. Murphy’s business at Fidelity boasts over 15 million customer accounts, $1.7 trillion in assets under administration, and over 12,000 employees nationwide. You can read more about Kathy on her LinkedIn Influencer profile.
The FWA is a nearly 60-year-old association dedicated to advancing women in the industry. For more about the FWA, go here.
# # #
Jamie Epstein, FWA
(212) 533-2141 x301
Joe Madden, Fidelity
Deborah Ponte, Fidelity