Women’s Half-Marathon: volunteer and celebrate!
For those who cannot partake in the Half-Marathon and want to support our FWA team and more than 1,000 runners, we are very pleased to announce that we have volunteer opportunities available for FWA members only!
These are the steps:
- Go to www.nyrr.org
- On the dashboard select the Get involved drop down menu
- Select Volunteer
- On the Volunteer page, select the first tab on that dashboard, Volunteer
- Scroll down the page, select the drop down menu on the All Events column
- Select Shape Half Marathon
- The opportunity is labeled Reserved for Financial Women’s Association
- Once they reach that, they will select APPLY- if you have an account, you will sign in, if you don’t you will have to create one in order to register.
- When you register, you select your group
OR view the instruction video:
Space is limited and registration is open til March 29th so don’t wait!
If you have any questions, please email Marie-Helene, Chair of Membership.
Join the FWA team!
Organized by New York Road Runners (NYRR), the half-marathon will take place in Central Park and will be filled with fun, camaraderie and fitness.
For those who decided that 2019 will include more exercise and doing something ‘good’, now is the time to register! Walkers and runners are welcome and as part of the team, we will raise funds to further the FWA’s mission.
Step 1: register for the race on the NYRR website by clicking here
Step 2: email Marie-Helene, Chair of Membership and runner, to confirm your registration.
Step 3: Marie-Helene and the Membership Committee will reach out to you directly with team calls, exercise schedules and other relevant communications for this event.